AUGHTON, a chapelry in Halton parish, Lancashire; on the river Lune, 2 miles N of Caton r. station, and 7 NE of Lancaster. Post Town, Caton, under Lancaster. Acres, 1,900. Pop., 132. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £140.* Patron, the Rector of Halton. The church was rebuilt in 1864.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)