BALDERSTON, a township-chapelry in Blackburn parish, Lancashire; near the river Ribble, 5 miles NW of Blackburn r. station. Post Town, Mellor-Brook under Blackburn. Acres, 1,710. Real property, £2,593 Pop., 532. Houses, 105. The property is much sub divided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £160.* Patron, the Vicar of Blackburn. The church is very good. Charities, £11.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)