BAMBERBRIDGE, a village and a chapelry in Blackburn parish, Lancashire The village stands adjacent to the East Lancashire railway, 3 miles SE by S of Preston; and has a post office under Preston, and a r. station. The chapelry was constituted in 1832. Rated property, £6,231. Pop., 2,182. Houses, 408. There are two large cotton factories. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £150.* Patron, the Vicar of Blackburn. The church was built in 1836. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St Aidan, Station Road, Church of England
- St Saviour, Church Road, Church of England
- Station Road, Wesleyan Methodist
- Kingdom Hall, Clayton Street , Jehovah's Witness
- Chorley Road , Pentecostal
- St Mary, Brownedge Lane, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Bamber Bridge area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Preston and South Ribble gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Bamber Bridge to another place. Walton-le-Dale in the parish of Blackburn. maps of Bamber Bridge and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD560262 (Lat/Lon: 53.730326, -2.668426), Bamber Bridge which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.