Beacon Hill (Christ Church), Barrow in Furness - Methodist
Beacon Hill (Christ Church),
Barrow in Furness
Christ Church (Abbey Road) New Con nexion/United Methodist church, destroyed in 1941 (qv). A temporary wooden church had been erected on an adjoining site in 1949. It absorbed other congregations upon the closures of Forshaw Street Methodist chapel in 1953 and Roose Road Methodist chapel in 1976.
Original registersNo registers have been deposited and any records remain with the church.
- this church marked on a Google map. (Use this to report a corrected location)
- Google Streetview (Drag pegman to centre of map to show picture)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Google maps showing nearby churches with satellite image option.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
Help requiredThe information provided has been obtained from a number of sources and although every effort is made to avoid errors, just a few may be present. So if there are any please let us know. [Use the link at the bottom of this page].
If you have any further information about the church that you think would be useful to other researchers then do get in touch.