Audley Range Congregational, Blackburn
The Church closed its doors for public worship with a final service held on Sunday, 14th. February 1988. The Minister was the Rev James E. Watson and the organist was Mr. Kenneth B. Dewhurst. From that date, the congregation joined with the congregation at Brownhill to form Trinity United Reformed Church and the inaugural service was held on Sunday, 21st. February 1988.
In 1972 the Congregational church joined with the English Presbyterian church to become the United Reformed Church.
- this church marked on a Google map. (Use this to report a corrected location)
- Google Streetview (Drag pegman to centre of map to show picture)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Magic (Click + on map to view it)
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Google maps showing nearby churches with satellite image option.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.
Help requiredThe information provided has been obtained from a number of sources and although every effort is made to avoid errors, just a few may be present. So if there are any please let us know. [Use the link at the bottom of this page].
We do not currently have the following information, and if you can provide it then please do so:
- We think we have the exact location of the church.
If not please select
the following link and
use the instructions
for passing on map locations.
That should enable us to determine the exact location. Use the contact link at the end of this page
to send us an email, and paste in the URL you have selected.
Click here to show map.
- Do you have a picture of the church we could use? We don't
link to existing pictures already on the web without permission from
the copyright owner. If you have a .jpg or similar image then we can show it
on this page.
See the notes on taking church pictures.
- Have you any details about the history of the church?
Old directories frequently contain such information, and if you can
transcribe such information and let us have it, we can add it to this page.
- Who holds the records of baptisms, marriages or burials? Have any transcripts of the registers been published?
If you have any further information about the church that you think would be useful to other researchers then do get in touch.