The church has/had a graveyard.
It was founded in 1780. It is now closed, but we do not know the date of closure.
The original chapel was founded in about 1780 (baptisms began in 1784) in Chapel Street, this moved to a larger chapel in Clayton St in 1786 and was rebuilt and enlarged again in 1816.
The Wesleyan Methodist church was formed in the 18th century from religous societies founded by John Wesley and his preachers. It suffered many secessions, but was the largest Nonconformist denomination in the 19th century. In 1932 the Wesleyan Methodists joined with the Primitive Methodists and the United Methodists to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.