We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Griffin St Wesleyan Methodist, Blackburn
Wesleyan Methodist church,
The church does not have a graveyard. Methodists usually got buried at New Row or Houghton methodist churches which both had cemeteries.
It was founded in 1882. It is now closed and has been demolished, but we do not know the date of closure. It closed in the early 1970s.
The Wesleyan Methodist church was formed in the 18th century from religous societies founded by John Wesley and his preachers. It suffered many secessions, but was the largest Nonconformist denomination in the 19th century. In 1932 the Wesleyan Methodists joined with the Primitive Methodists and the United Methodists to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.
The church is located at OS grid reference SD6710727285 (Lat/Lon 53.740899,-2.500192). You can see this on maps provided by: