Shaw Rd United Methodist Free Church, Blackpool
In 1907 the United Methodist Free Church merged with the Methodist New Connexion and the Bible Christians to form the United Methodist Church.
In 1932 the United Methodists joined with the Wesleyan Methodists and the Primitive Methodists to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
- 1949-1956 held by Lancashire Record Office MBP 27/1
- 1915-1955 held by Lancashire Record Office MMR 6/21-24
- this church marked on a Google map. (Use this to report a corrected location)
- Google Streetview (Drag pegman to centre of map to show picture)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Google maps showing nearby churches with satellite image option.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.
Help requiredThe information provided has been obtained from a number of sources and although every effort is made to avoid errors, just a few may be present. So if there are any please let us know. [Use the link at the bottom of this page].
We do not currently have the following information, and if you can provide it then please do so:
- We think we have the exact location of the church.
If not please look at the
and drag the church icon to the correct location. A balloon will then pop up, on which you will find a link
to report the correct value.
If you are on a slow connection Google maps can be slow, so an alternative is to select the following map link, and use the instructions for passing on map locations. That should enable us to determine the exact location. Use the contact link at the end of this page to send us an email, and paste in the URL you have selected. Click here to show map.
If the exact location is correct, then please confirm that, and we can then remove this question.
- We know the church has closed but do not know in which year this happened.
- Have you any details about the history of the church? Old directories frequently contain such information, and if you can transcribe such information and let us have it, we can add it to this page.
- Who holds the records of baptisms, marriages or burials? Have any transcripts of the registers been published?
If you have any further information about the church that you think would be useful to other researchers then do get in touch.