Blatchinworth and Calderbrook
BLATCHINWORTH, a township and a subdistrict in the district of Rochdale, Lancashire. The township bears the name of Blatchinworth-with-Calderbrook; lies on the Manchester and Leeds railway, 5 miles NE of Rochdale; contains seven hamlets and Littleborough village, the last with a post office under Manchester and a r. station; and has romantic scenery., numerous good residences, a church, five dissenting chapels, an endowed school, eight cotton mills, twelve woollen mills, two collieries, and rich quarries. Real property, £14,551; of which £1,020 are in mines. Pop., 4,860. Houses, 980. The subdistrict is conterminate with the township.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Halifax Rd, Blatchinworth and Calderbrook, Particular Baptist
- Ebenezer, Todmorden Rd, Summit, Independent
- St Barnabas, St. Barnabas Drive, Shore, Church of England
- St James, Calderbrook Road, Church of England
- Free Methodist, Blatchinworth and Calderbrook
- Mount Gilead, Calderbrook Road, Blatchinworth and Calderbrook, New Connexion
- Clough Rd, Greenhill, Littleborough, Primitive Methodist
- Shore Rd, Shore, Primitive Methodist
- Todmorden Rd, Summit, Primitive Methodist
- Rakewood Rd, Rakewood, Wesleyan Methodist
- Providence, Temple Lane, Blatchinworth and Calderbrook, Wesleyan Methodist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Calderbrook area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Rochdale. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Blatchinworth and Calderbrook to another place. Rochdale. Blatchinworth and Calderbrook in the 19th century. maps of Calderbrook and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD941182 (Lat/Lon: 53.660249, -2.090762), Calderbrook which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.