Blatchinworth and Calderbrook
BLATCHINWORTH, a township and a subdistrict in the district of Rochdale, Lancashire. The township bears the name of Blatchinworth-with-Calderbrook; lies on the Manchester and Leeds railway, 5 miles NE of Rochdale; contains seven hamlets and Littleborough village, the last with a post office under Manchester and a r. station; and has romantic scenery., numerous good residences, a church, five dissenting chapels, an endowed school, eight cotton mills, twelve woollen mills, two collieries, and rich quarries. Real property, £14,551; of which £1,020 are in mines. Pop., 4,860. Houses, 980. The subdistrict is conterminate with the township.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St James, Calderbrook Road, Church of England
- St Barnabas, St. Barnabas Drive, Church of England, Shore
- Free Methodist, Blatchinworth and Calderbrook
- Ebenezer, Todmorden Rd, Independent, Summit
- Mount Gilead, Calderbrook Road, New Connexion, Blatchinworth and Calderbrook
- Halifax Rd, Particular Baptist, Blatchinworth and Calderbrook
- Clough Rd, Greenhill, Primitive Methodist, Littleborough
- Shore Rd, Primitive Methodist, Shore
- Todmorden Rd, Primitive Methodist, Summit
- Providence, Temple Lane, Wesleyan Methodist, Blatchinworth and Calderbrook
- Rakewood Rd, Wesleyan Methodist, Rakewood
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Calderbrook area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Rochdale. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Blatchinworth and Calderbrook to another place. Rochdale. Blatchinworth and Calderbrook in the 19th century. maps of Calderbrook and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD941182 (Lat/Lon: 53.660249, -2.090762), Calderbrook which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview