BLEASDALE, or Admarsh, a chapelry in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; among the hills, 5 miles ENE of Garstang r. station. It has a post office, of the name of Bleasdale, under Garstang. Acres, 8,490. Real property, £2,418. Pop., 372. Houses, 52. Most of the area was formerly forest, belonging to the Crown. Bleasdale Tower is the seat of W. J Garnett, Esq. Bleasdale Fell is 1,709 feet high. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £80.* Patron, the Vicar of Lancaster. The church was built in 1837. There are an endowed school, a reformatory, and charities £44.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)