BOLD, two hamlets and a township in Prescot parish, Lancashire. The hamlets are Bold and Bold-Heath; and the former stands adjacent to the Runcorn railway, 4 miles ESE of Prescot. The township includes also the hamlet of Maypole. Acres, 4,338. Real property, £8,151. Pop., 798. Houses, 137. The family of Bold, now represented by that of Bold Hoghton, were seated here from the Conquest till 1761; and they give name to Bold-street in Liverpool. The ancient mansion is now a farmhouse; and the modern one is Bold Hall. Bishop Barnes, who died in 1588, was a native.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Clockface Road, Wesleyan Methodist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Bold area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.St Helens. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Bold to another place. Prescot. maps of Bold and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ546928 (Lat/Lon: 53.430012, -2.684777), Bold which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.