BRADFORD, a township and a chapelry in Manchester parish, Lancashire. The township lies adjacent to the Manchester and Sheffield railway, 4 miles E of Manchester; and has a post office under Manchester. Acres, 279. Pop., 3,523. Houses, 707. The chapelry extends into Beswick township; bears the name of Bradford-cum-Beswick; and was constituted very recently. The statistics are not reported. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Manchester, with a parsonage, and in the patronage of the Bishop. The church was built in 1862, at a cost of £6,000; and is in the early English style, and cruciform. There are Wesleyan and Free Methodist chapels, large schools built in 1864, at a cost of £3,000, and a police station.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Ebenezer Chapel, Mill St, Independent
- Christ Church, Church St, Church of England
- Christ Church (The Resurrection 1974), Ashton New Road, Church of England
- Church of the Apostles, Ridgway St, Church of England
- St Aidan, Whyatt Street, Church of England
- St Paul, Stuart Street, Church of England
- St Philip, Ridgway St, Church of England
- Mill St, Independent Methodist
- Bradford Road, Methodist Association
- Bradford Rd, Primitive Methodist
- Cobden Street, Primitive Methodist
- Wellington St, Primitive Methodist
- Albert St, United Methodist
- Mill Street, United Methodist Free Church
- Ashton New Rd (corner Queen St), Wesleyan Methodist
- Mill St, Unitarian
- St Brigid, Mill Street, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Bradford area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Manchester. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Bradford to another place. Manchester. Bradford in the 19th century. maps of Bradford and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ867985 (Lat/Lon: 53.483040, -2.201897), Bradford which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.