BRADSHAW, a township and a chapelry in Bolton-le-Moors parish, Lancashire. The township lies on the Bolton and Blackburn railway, adjacent to the Oaks station, 3 miles NE of Bolton; and has a post office under Bolton. Acres, 1,380. Real property, £3,754. Pop., 792. Houses, 146. Bradshaw Hall was the seat of John Bradshaw, who presided at the trial of Charles I.; and is now the seat of T. Hardcastle, Esq. There are two cotton mills, a bleaching mill, and quarries. The church. is more extensive than the township, and was constituted in 1853. Pop., 1,968. Houses, 378. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £150.* Patron, the Vicar of Bolton. The church is tolerable.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St Maxentius, Bolton Rd, Church of England
- Tottington Rd, Primitive Methodist
- Bradshaw Chapel, Bolton Road, Unknown
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Bradshaw area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Bolton. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Bradshaw to another place. Bolton. Bradshaw in the 19th century. maps of Bradshaw and places within its boundaries.
Township map. You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD735125 (Lat/Lon: 53.608375, -2.402000), Bradshaw which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.