Broughton East (Field Broughton)
BROUGHTON (East), or Broughton-Field, a township-chapelry in Cartmel parish, Lancashire; 4 miles N of Cartmel r. station, and 7 NE of Ulverstone. Post Town, Cartmel, under Newton-in-Cartmel. Acres, 2,830. Real property, £4,332. Pop., 534. Houses, 107. The property is subdivided. Broughton Grove, Broughton Hall, and Broughton Lodge are chief residences. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £67.* Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. The church is good.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Kents Bank Rd, Grange over Sands, Congregational
- St Paul, Main Street, Grange over Sands, Church of England
- St Peter, ., Field Broughton, Church of England
- The Fell Church, Grange Fell Rd, Grange over Sands, Church of England
- Kents Bank Rd, Grange over Sands, Wesleyan Methodist
- St Charles, Kents Bank Rd, Grange over Sands, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Broughton East area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Ulverston. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Broughton East to another place. Cartmel. maps of Broughton East and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD387817 (Lat/Lon: 54.227337, -2.941807), Broughton East which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.