We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

Water Park Rd, Congregational, Broughton Park

Congregational church,
Water Park Rd,
Broughton Park
Lancashire

Cemeteries

The church does/did not have a graveyard.

Church History

It was founded in 1874. It is now closed, but we do not know the date of closure.

There was a Sunday school on Bury Old Road.

Broughton Park. - In connection with the Broughton Park Congregational Church, Manchester, a new Sunday-school was opened on Monday. It is situated on a corner plot of land in Bury Old-road, and the design is in the Late Decorated Gothic style. The facade consists of the large gable forming one end of the roof; below are projecting double porches, flanked by staircases with hipped octagonal roofs, and terminating against double gables on the north and south elbows. The building is of stone. There are several classrooms, with a large central hall, accommodation being provided for about 300 boys, girls, and infants. The total cost, including the erection of a boundary wall, has been £2,500. Messrs W. Southern and Son, of Salford, are the contractors, and the architect is Mr A. H. Davies-Colley (Messrs Colley and Brook).

[Building News 14 October 1881 page 507]

In 1955 the Sunday school became Dormition of Our Lady Ukranian Catholic Church. The Sunday school was located

This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.

Church Records

Maps

The church is located at OS grid reference SD8321502163 (Lat/Lon 53.515865,-2.254611). You can see this on maps provided by: