BURNAGE, a township in Manchester parish, Lancashire; on the river Mersey, adjacent to the Manchester and Sheffield railway, 4 miles S of Manchester. Acres, 658. Real property, £3,741. Pop., 624. Houses, 120.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Christ Church, Burnage Lane, Congregational
- Christ Church, Parrswood Rd, Congregational
- St Chad, Mauldeth Road, Ladybarn, Church of England
- St Margaret, Burnage Lane, Church of England
- St Nicholas, Kingsway, Church of England
- Burnage Lane, Wesleyan Methodist
- Burnage Lane, Church of Christ
- South Manchester Family Church, Burnage Lane, Family Church
- St Bernard, Burnage Lane, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Burnage area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Manchester. Lancashire Directory, 1858. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Burnage to another place. Manchester.
A description of Burnage in the 19th century.maps of Burnage and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ866926 (Lat/Lon: 53.430005, -2.203151), Burnage which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.