BURROW-WITH-BURROW, a township in Tunstall parish, Lancashire; on the river Lune, 2 miles SE of Kirkby-Lonsdale. Acres, 2,290. Real property, £2,737. Pop., 225. Houses, 38. The Roman station Bremetonacum is thought to have been here; Roman pavements, altars, inscriptions, urns, and coins have been found; and a Roman milestone is on the road. Burrow Hall is the seat of the Parrs.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)