Burrow with Burrow
BURROW-WITH-BURROW, a township in Tunstall parish, Lancashire; on the river Lune, 2 miles SE of Kirkby-Lonsdale. Acres, 2,290. Real property, £2,737. Pop., 225. Houses, 38. The Roman station Bremetonacum is thought to have been here; Roman pavements, altars, inscriptions, urns, and coins have been found; and a Roman milestone is on the road. Burrow Hall is the seat of the Parrs.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- ., Cowan Bridge, Wesleyan Methodist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Nether Burrow area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Lancaster. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Burrow with Burrow to another place. Tunstall. maps of Nether Burrow and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD614753 (Lat/Lon: 54.172038, -2.592805), Nether Burrow which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.