BURTON-WOOD, a township-chapelry in Warrington parish, Lancashire; adjacent to the Sankey canal and the Liverpool and Manchester railway, 1 mile S of Collins-Green r. station, and 4 NW by N of Warrington. Post Town, Warrington. Acres, 4,144. Real property, £6,545. Pop., 990. Houses, 188. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £96. Patron, the Rector of Warrington. The church is fair; and there is a school with £12 from endowment.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St Mark, Longshaw Street, Dallam, Church of England
- St Michael and All Angels, Chapel Lane, Church of England
- Phipps Lane, Wesleyan Methodist
- St Paul of the Cross, Clay Lane, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Burtonwood area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Warrington. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Burtonwood to another place. Warrington. maps of Burtonwood and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ563928 (Lat/Lon: 53.430156, -2.659192), Burtonwood which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.