BURTON-WOOD, a township-chapelry in Warrington parish, Lancashire; adjacent to the Sankey canal and the Liverpool and Manchester railway, 1 mile S of Collins-Green r. station, and 4 NW by N of Warrington. Post Town, Warrington. Acres, 4,144. Real property, £6,545. Pop., 990. Houses, 188. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £96. Patron, the Rector of Warrington. The church is fair; and there is a school with £12 from endowment.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)