CARTMEL-FELL, a township-chapelry in Cartmel parish, Lancashire; on the river Winster, 4¾ miles N of Grange r. station, and 6½ NNE of Cartmel. Post Town, Newton-in-Cartmel. Acres, 2,900. Real property, £3,114. Pop., 308. Houses, 61. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £130. Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. The church is good; and there is a Quakers' chapel.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)