CATTERALL, a township in Garstang parish, Lancashire; on the river Wyre, adjacent to the Lancaster canal, and to the Lancaster and Preston railway, 1½ mile S by W of Garstang. It has a post office under Garstang. Acres, 1,733. Real property,. £3,851. Pop., 867. Houses, 168. Catterall-House is the seat of A. Simpson, Esq. There are two large cotton mills, Caldervale church, and a Wesleyan chapel.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Catterall area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Lancaster. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Catterall to another place. Garstang. maps of Catterall and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD496427 (Lat/Lon: 53.878037, -2.768133), Catterall which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.