CATTERALL, a township in Garstang parish, Lancashire; on the river Wyre, adjacent to the Lancaster canal, and to the Lancaster and Preston railway, 1½ mile S by W of Garstang. It has a post office under Garstang. Acres, 1,733. Real property,. £3,851. Pop., 867. Houses, 168. Catterall-House is the seat of A. Simpson, Esq. There are two large cotton mills, Caldervale church, and a Wesleyan chapel.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)