CHARNOCK-RICHARD, a township-chapelry in Standish parish, Lancashire; adjacent to the Wigan and Preston railway, near Coppull station, 3 miles SW by W of Chorley. Post Town, Coppull, under Chorley. Acres, 1,948. Real, property, £6,253; of which £2,700 are in mines. Pop., 899. Houses, 161. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £141.* Patron, James Darlington, Esq. The church was built in 1861; is in the perpendicular English style; and consists of nave and chancel, with tower and vestry.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)