Cheetham, township, forming N. district of Manchester, SE. Lancashire, 919 ac., pop. 25,721; contains Cheetham Hill; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank.
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
- Bethel, New Bridge Street, Baptist, Strangeways
- Thirlmere St, Christian Brethren
- St Mark, St Mark's Lane, Church of England
- St Saviour, Park Street, Church of England
- St Thomas, Red Bank, Church of England
- St John the Evangelist, Waterloo Road, Church of England, Cheetham Hill
- St Luke, Cheetham Hill Rd, Church of England, Cheetham Hill
- St Alban, Waterloo Road, Church of England, Cheetwood
- Cheetham, Cheetham Hill Road, Congregational, Cheetham Hill
- Park (Ducie Chapel), Cheetham Hill Road, Congregational, Cheetham Hill
- Beth Aaron Synagogue, Red Bank, Jewish
- New Congregation, York Street (now Cheetham Hill Rd), Jewish
- Old Congregation, York Street (now Cheetham Hill Rd), Jewish
- Reform Synagogue, Park Place, Jewish
- Spanish and Portugese Synagogue, Cheetham Hill Rd, Jewish
- Higher Crumpsall and Higher Broughton Synagogue, Bury Old Road, Jewish, Cheetham Hill
- New Central, Cheetham Hill Road, Jewish, Cheetham Hill
- North Manchester Synagogue, Bury New Road, Jewish, Strangeways
- Zion, Thirlmere Street, Particular Baptist
- New Life Mission, Dornton Walk /Dudley Street, Pentecostal Church, Hightown
- Greenhill Road, Presbyterian, Cheetham Hill
- Trinity, New Bridge Street, Presbyterian, Strangeways
- Tetlow Lane (formerly Halliwell Lane), Primitive Methodist
- St Chad, Cheetham Hill Road, Roman Catholic
- Humphrey Street, Seventh Day Adventist, Cheetham Hill
- Gurdwara Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib Ji, Sherborne St, Sikh
- Dormition of our Lady, Bury Old Road, Ukrainian Catholic Church
- Bury New Road, Unitarian, Strangeways
- New Bridge Street, Unitarian, Strangeways
- Moston Lane, United Methodist Free Church
- Stocks Chapel, York Street (now Cheetham Hill Rd), United Methodist Free Church
- Heywood Street, Welsh Calvinist Methodist
- Marlborough Rd, Wesleyan Methodist
- Ebenezer, Red Bank, Wesleyan Methodist
- Rydal Mount, Waterloo Rd, Wesleyan Methodist
- Victoria Chapel, Queens Rd, Wesleyan Methodist, Cheetham Hill
- Cheetwood Lane, Wesleyan Methodist, Cheetwood
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Cheetham area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Manchester. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Cheetham to another place. Manchester. Cheetham in the 19th century. maps of Cheetham and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD844006 (Lat/Lon: 53.501852, -2.236662), Cheetham which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Magic (Click + on map to view it)
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview