We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
St Andrew Free Church, Chorlton on Medlock
Chorlton on Medlock
The church does not have a graveyard.
It was founded in 1843. It is now closed, but we do not know the date of closure .
St Andrew's Free Church situated in Oxford street, at the corner of Grosvenor square, is a neat stone building, in early English style of architecture, from a design by Mr.Walters. The foundation stone was laid June 25th 1844. The cost of erection was about £1700. The interior is neatly fitted up; the body of the church will hold 600, and the galleries 400. The dimensions of the interior are 80 feet by 48. There is no regular minister appointed at present.
From, The Stranger's Guide To Manchester, 1850
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.
The church is located at OS grid reference SJ8432797090 (Lat/Lon 53.470300,-2.237586). You can see this on maps provided by: