CHURCH, or Church-Kirk, a township-chapelry in Whalley parish, Lancashire; on the East Lancashire railway, 1 mile NNW of Accrington. It has a post office under Accrington, and a r. station. Acres, 620. Real property, £13,452; of which £2,000 are in mines, and £659 in quarries. Pop., 4,753. Houses, 873. The property is much subdivided. The inhabitants are chiefly employed in factories. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £650.* Patrons, Hulme's Trustees. The church is good. St. Paul's is a new and separate charge. There are three Methodist chapels, a Roman Catholic chapel, and two national schools.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Church area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Blackburn.
You can see pictures of Church which are provided by:gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Church Kirk to another place. Whalley. maps of Church and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD741290 (Lat/Lon: 53.756709, -2.394315), Church which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.