Lancashire Church RecordsLancashire church records are not all deposited at the Lancashire record office, but at a number of other depositories following local government reorganisation in 1974.
- Lancashire Record Office has the largest holdings and includes those for northern Lancashire. Finding Folk published by the record office holds all the details of the registers they hold.
- Manchester Central library holds the registers for south east Lancashire. Manchester & Lancashire FHS publish a book (frequently referred to as 'The Pink book') recording their holdings. A simplified version of this can be viewed online.
- Liverpool Record Office hold the registers for the Liverpoool and Merseyside area.
- Cumbria Record Office (Barrow) and Cumbria Record Office (Kendal) cover Lancashire over the sands that has now become part of Cumbria. Cumbrian Ancestors, Notes for Genealogical Searchers is the book that they publish which includes details of their parish register holdings.
Notes on Lancashire parish registers from "Memorials of Old Lancashire Vol II 1909".
Information about Quaker records.
- Monumental incriptions
- Parish registers
- Genealogical memoranda
- Architecture and archaeology
- Miscellaneous historical notes
Manchester Archives and Local Studies, Manchester Central Library, hold copies of the manuscripts. The contents list published by the Manchester & Lancashire Family History Society is a good starting point for a dsecription of their contents.