CLAYTON-LE-MOORS, a chapelry in Whalley parish, Lancashire; on the Blackburn and Clitheroe railway, at Whalley station, 5½ miles NE of Blackburn. Post town, Whalley, under Blackburn. Acres, 950. Real property, £12,184; of which £350 are in quarries. Pop., 4,682. Houses, 902. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a p. curacy in the dio. of Manchester. Value, £120.* Patrons, Trustees. The church is modern. There are Baptist and R. Catholic chapels.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)