Cowpe, Lench, Newhall Hey, Hall Carr
COWPE-LENCHES, NEWHALLHEY, AND HALL-CARR, a township in Bury parish, Lancashire; E of the river Irwell, 4 miles SSE of Haslingden. Acres, 1,545. Pop., 2,851. Houses, 579.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Bury Rd, Townsend Fold, Primitive Methodist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Cowpe area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Hyndburn & Rossendale. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Cowpe,Lench, Newhall Hey, Hall Carr to another place. Bury. maps of Cowpe and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD835209 (Lat/Lon: 53.684289, -2.251311), Cowpe which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.