CRONTON, a township in Prescot parish, Lancashire; adjacent to the Runcorn railway, 3¼ miles SSE of Prescot. It includes the village of Cronton-Smithies and the hamlet of Cronton-Townend. Acres, 1,121. Real property, £2,599. Pop., 412. Houses, 69.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Cronton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Knowsley. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Cronton to another place. Prescot. the history of Cronton. maps of Cronton and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ495884 (Lat/Lon: 53.390001, -2.760822), Cronton which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.