We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

Tarn Flat Wesleyan Methodist, Marton

Wesleyan Methodist church,
Tarn Flat,
Marton
Lancashire

Cemeteries

The church does not have a graveyard.

Church History

It was founded in 1866 and closed in 1960.
In the village of Marton is a Wesleyan chapel, the foundation stone of which was laid on Christmas Day, 1866.

Mannex Directory of Furness & Cartmel, 1882

The Wesleyan Methodist church was formed in the 18th century from religous societies founded by John Wesley and his preachers. It suffered many secessions, but was the largest Nonconformist denomination in the 19th century. In 1932 the Wesleyan Methodists joined with the Primitive Methodists and the United Methodists to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain.

This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves.

Church Records

Maps

The church is located at OS grid reference SD2407076880 (Lat/Lon 54.182064,-3.164957). You can see this on maps provided by: