DARCY-LEVER, a township in Bolton-le-Moors parish, Lancashire; on the Bolton and Bury railway, 1 mile E of Bolton. It has a station on the railway. Acres, 540. Real property, £9,025; of which £4,400 are in mines. Pop., 2,071. Houses, 404. Coal is worked.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St Stephen and all Martyrs, Lever Bridge, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Darcy Lever area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Bolton. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Darcy Lever to another place. Bolton. Darcy Lever in the 19th century. maps of Darcy Lever and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD736079 (Lat/Lon: 53.567034, -2.400098), Darcy Lever which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.