EDENFIELD, a chapelry and a sub-district in Haslingden district, Lancashire. The chapelry is in Bury parish; lies on the Rosendale railway, 2½ miles S of Haslingden; and has a post office under Bury-Lane. Pop., 3,074. The property is subdivided. Many of the inhabitants are employed in cotton mills. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £163.* Patron, the Rector of Bury. The church is tolerable; and there are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists. The sub-district contains the townships of Musbury and Tottington-Higher-End. Acres, 4,856. Pop., 4,723. Houses, 904.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Marriage indexes for the parish church 1837-1907, and for baptisms 1813-1927 have been published by the LFH&HS.Hyndburn and Rossendale. Edenfield Genealogical Society (USA).
You can see pictures in an area centred on OS grid reference SD800190 (Lat/Lon: 53.666867, -2.302731) which are provided by:Pigot's 1828 Directory. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Edenfield to another place. Tottington Higher End in the parish of Bury. Edenfield in the 19th century. maps of Edenfield and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD800190 (Lat/Lon: 53.666867, -2.302731), which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.