EDGEWORTH, a township and a sub-district in Bolton parish, Lancashire. The township lies near the Bolton and Blackburn railway, 7½ miles NNW of Bolton. Acres, 2,480. Real property, £4,378; of which £465 are in quarries. Pop., 1,350. Houses, 273. There are a cotton-mill, a school-church, Independent chapels of 1822 and 1867, and a Wesleyan chapel of 1863. The sub-district includes two other townships. Acres, 4,430. Pop., 2,025. Houses, 406.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)