EDGEWORTH, a township and a sub-district in Bolton parish, Lancashire. The township lies near the Bolton and Blackburn railway, 7½ miles NNW of Bolton. Acres, 2,480. Real property, £4,378; of which £465 are in quarries. Pop., 1,350. Houses, 273. There are a cotton-mill, a school-church, Independent chapels of 1822 and 1867, and a Wesleyan chapel of 1863. The sub-district includes two other townships. Acres, 4,430. Pop., 2,025. Houses, 406.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Horrocks Rd, Independent
- St James, Blackburn Rd, Church of England
- Bolton Rd, Wesleyan Methodist
- St Aldhelm, Thomason Fold, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Edgworth area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Blackburn. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Edgworth to another place. Bolton.
The village now lies within the boundaries of North Turton Parish Council along with the villages of Belmont, Chapeltown, Entwistle and Quarlton. North Turton is part of Blackburn with Darwen Borough.Edgworth in the 19th century. maps of Edgworth and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD741168 (Lat/Lon: 53.647054, -2.393291), Edgworth which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.