FENCE-IN-PENDLE, a chapelry in Whalley parish, Lancashire; on the E border of the county, 3 miles N of Burnley r. station. It has a post office, of the name of Fence, under Burnley. It was constituted in 1845. Pop., 1,331. Houses, 257. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, not reported. *Patron, W. Holden, Esq. The church is good.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)