FENISCOWLES, a chapelry in Blackburn parish, Lancashire; near Blackburn. It was constituted in 1842; and its post town is Blackburn. Rated property, £9,833. Pop., 3,501. Houses, 640. The property is divided among a few. Feniscowles House is the seat of Sir William H. Feilding, Bart. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Livesey, in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £215. *Patron, the Vicar of Blackburn. The church is good.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Immanuel, Pleasington Lane, Church of England
- Preston Old Road, Methodist
- St Paul, Preston Old Road, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Feniscowles area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Blackburn. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Feniscowles to another place. Livesey, in the parish of Blackburn. maps of Feniscowles and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD646254 (Lat/Lon: 53.723792, -2.537984), Feniscowles which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.