FRECKLETON, a township-chapelry in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; near Naze Point, on the estuary of the Ribble, 2½ miles SSE of Kirkham r. station, and 7½ W of Preston. It has a post office under Preston. Acres, 2,659; of which 885 are water. Pop., 879. Houses, 188. A manufacture of sacks and sailcloth, which had been extensively carried on, was recently discontinued. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Warton, in the diocese of Manchester. The church was built in 1838. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels, and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- The History of Freckleton by Peter Shakeshaft. ISBN I-85936-084-X
- The Quaker Burial Ground in Lower Lane, Freckleton, between Freckleton and Kirkham, has only one gravestone in it.
- Holy Trinity, Lytham Road, Church of England
- Preston Old Rd, Primitive Methodist
- Kirkham Rd, Wesleyan Methodist
- Naze Lane, Plymouth Brethren
- School Lane, Society of Friends
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Freckleton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Blackpool & Fylde. Local information about the village of Freckleton.
You can see pictures of Freckleton which are provided by:gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Freckleton to another place. Kirkham. maps of Freckleton and places within its boundaries.
A modern map showing Freckleton in relation to other places in the Fylde.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD429290 (Lat/Lon: 53.754218, -2.867489), Freckleton which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.