FRECKLETON, a township-chapelry in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; near Naze Point, on the estuary of the Ribble, 2½ miles SSE of Kirkham r. station, and 7½ W of Preston. It has a post office under Preston. Acres, 2,659; of which 885 are water. Pop., 879. Houses, 188. A manufacture of sacks and sailcloth, which had been extensively carried on, was recently discontinued. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Warton, in the diocese of Manchester. The church was built in 1838. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels, and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- The History of Freckleton by Peter Shakeshaft. ISBN I-85936-084-X
- The Quaker Burial Ground in Lower Lane, Freckleton, between Freckleton and Kirkham, has only one gravestone in it.
- Holy Trinity, Lytham Road, Church of England
- Naze Lane, Plymouth Brethren
- Preston Old Rd, Primitive Methodist
- School Lane, Society of Friends
- Graveyard, Lower Lane, Society of Friends
- Kirkham Rd, Wesleyan Methodist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Freckleton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Blackpool & Fylde. Local information about the village of Freckleton.
You can see pictures of Freckleton which are provided by:gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Freckleton to another place. Kirkham. maps of Freckleton and places within its boundaries.
A modern map showing Freckleton in relation to other places in the Fylde.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD429290 (Lat/Lon: 53.754218, -2.867489), Freckleton which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview