FRECKLETON, a township-chapelry in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; near Naze Point, on the estuary of the Ribble, 2½ miles SSE of Kirkham r. station, and 7½ W of Preston. It has a post office under Preston. Acres, 2,659; of which 885 are water. Pop., 879. Houses, 188. A manufacture of sacks and sailcloth, which had been extensively carried on, was recently discontinued. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Warton, in the diocese of Manchester. The church was built in 1838. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels, and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)