FULWOOD, a township-chapelry in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; on the Lancaster and Preston railway, 1½ mile N of Preston. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is Preston. Acres, 2,077. Real property, £6,218. Pop. in 1851, 1,748; in 1861, 2,313. Houses, 172. This was part of the ancient royal forest of Fulwood, now enclosed; and Preston race-ground was part of it. Extensive barracks are here. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of L. The church is recent.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Symonds Rd, United Reformed
- Christ Church, Victoria Road, Church of England
- Garrison Chapel, Watling Street Road, Church of England
- St Cuthbert, Lytham Road, Church of England
- St Martin, Broadway, Church of England
- St Peter, Meadowfield, Church of England
- Lightfoot Lane, Free Methodist
- Watling Street Road, Methodist
- Longsands Lane, Latter Day Saints
- Our Lady and St Edward, Marlborough Drive, Roman Catholic
- St Anthony of Padua, Cadley Causeway, Cadley, Roman Catholic
- St Clare, Sharoe Green Lane North, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Fulwood area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Preston and South Ribble gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Fulwood to another place. Lancaster. maps of Fulwood and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD545318 (Lat/Lon: 53.780527, -2.691988), Fulwood which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.