FULWOOD, a township-chapelry in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; on the Lancaster and Preston railway, 1½ mile N of Preston. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is Preston. Acres, 2,077. Real property, £6,218. Pop. in 1851, 1,748; in 1861, 2,313. Houses, 172. This was part of the ancient royal forest of Fulwood, now enclosed; and Preston race-ground was part of it. Extensive barracks are here. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of L. The church is recent.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Christ Church, Victoria Road, Church of England
- Garrison Chapel, Watling Street Road, Church of England
- St Cuthbert, Lytham Road, Church of England
- St Martin, Broadway, Church of England
- St Peter, Meadowfield, Church of England
- Lightfoot Lane, Free Methodist
- Longsands Lane, Latter Day Saints
- Watling Street Road, Methodist
- St Anthony of Padua, Cadley Causeway, Roman Catholic, Cadley
- Our Lady and St Edward, Marlborough Drive, Roman Catholic
- St Clare, Sharoe Green Lane North, Roman Catholic
- Symonds Rd, United Reformed
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Fulwood area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Preston and South Ribble gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Fulwood to another place. Lancaster. maps of Fulwood and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD545318 (Lat/Lon: 53.780527, -2.691988), Fulwood which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview