Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
FULWOOD, a township-chapelry in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; on the Lancaster and Preston railway, 1½ mile N of Preston. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is Preston. Acres, 2,077. Real property, £6,218. Pop. in 1851, 1,748; in 1861, 2,313. Houses, 172. This was part of the ancient royal forest of Fulwood, now enclosed; and Preston race-ground was part of it. Extensive barracks are here. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of L. The church is recent.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Preston
- Symonds Rd, United Reformed
- Christ Church, Victoria Road, Church of England
- Garrison Chapel, Watling Street Road, Church of England
- St Cuthbert, Lytham Road, Church of England
- St Martin, Broadway, Church of England
- St Peter, Meadowfield, Church of England
- Lightfoot Lane, Free Methodist
- Watling Street Road, Methodist
- Longsands Lane, Latter Day Saints
- Our Lady and St Edward, Marlborough Drive, Roman Catholic
- St Anthony of Padua, Cadley Causeway, Cadley, Roman Catholic
- St Clare, Sharoe Green Lane North, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Fulwood area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Fulwood which are provided by:
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD545318 (Lat/Lon: 53.780527, -2.691988), Fulwood which are provided by: