FULWOOD, a township-chapelry in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; on the Lancaster and Preston railway, 1½ mile N of Preston. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is Preston. Acres, 2,077. Real property, £6,218. Pop. in 1851, 1,748; in 1861, 2,313. Houses, 172. This was part of the ancient royal forest of Fulwood, now enclosed; and Preston race-ground was part of it. Extensive barracks are here. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of L. The church is recent.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)