GOODSHAW, a chapelry in Whalley parish, Lancashire, 2 miles NE of Haslingden r. station. It was constituted in 1850; and its post town is Rawtenstall, under Manchester. Rated property, £12,204. Pop., 4,808. Houses, 902. The property is much subdivided. There are cotton factories, calico printing works, collieries, and quarries. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £150. Patrons, Hulme's Trustees. The church dates from 1530; was rebuilt in 1829; and has an old stone font. There are chapels for Baptists, Wesleyans, and Primitive Methodists, a mechanics' institute, and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)