Greenhalgh with Thistleton
GREENALGH (or GREENHALGH) WITH THISTLETON, a township in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; gear the Fleetwood railway, 3 miles NW of Kirkham. It includes Esprick hamlet; and has ruins of a castle, said to have been built by the first Earl of Derby, and seeming to have comprised seven or eight towers of much height and strength. Acres, 1,821. Real property, £4,082. Pop., 383. Houses, 75. There is an Independent chapel.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Ebenezer, Fleetwood Rd, Congregational
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Greenhalgh area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Blackpool & Fylde. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Greenhalgh with Thistleton to another place. Kirkham. maps of Greenhalgh and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD404360 (Lat/Lon: 53.816847, -2.906756), Greenhalgh which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.