HABERGHAM EAVES, a township and a chapelry in Whalley parish, Lancashire. The township is suburban to Burnley; includes a town continuous with Burnley; lies partly within Burnley borough; and shares in that town's communications and employments. Acres, 4,007. Real property, £55,673; of which £7,668 are in mines, and £206 in quarries. Pop. in 1851, 12,549; in 1861, 18,013. Houses, 3,369. Pop. of the part within Burnley borough, in 1861, 11,469. Houses, 2,094. The increase of pop. arose from the erection of cotton mills. Coal is largely worked. The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch; and other chief properties belong to four landowners. The chapelry is less extensive than the township; and was constituted in 1842. Pop. in 1861, 11,533. Houses, 2,195. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £350.* Patrons, Hulme's Trustees. The church stands in Trinity street; is in the Tudor style; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower. There are several dissenting chapels, national schools, and charities £37.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)