HALEWOOD, a township in Childwall parish, and a chapelry partly also in Huyton parish, Lancashire. The township lies on the Garston and Warrington railway, near the river Mersey, 5½ miles E of Garston; includes the hamlet of Hale Bank; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Liverpool. Acres, 3, 759. Real property, £7,250. Pop. in 1851, 1,146; in 1861, 1,205. Houses, 219. The manor belongs to the Earl of Derby. The chapelry includes only part of the township, and was constituted in 1844. Pop. in 1861, 1,184. Houses, 214. Pop. of the part in H. township, 835. Houses, 149. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £300.* Patron, the Vicar of Childwall. The church was built in 1839, and enlarged in 1847; and is in the early English style. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St Nicholas, Church Road, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Halewood area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Knowsley. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Halewood to another place. Childwall. the history of Halewood. maps of Halewood and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ448857 (Lat/Lon: 53.365263, -2.831014), Halewood which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.