HAMBLETON, a township-chapelry in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; on the river Wyre, 3 miles NE of Poulton r. station, and 7½ WSW of Garstang. Post town, Great Eccleston, under Garstang. Acres, 1,603; of which 280 are water. Real property, £1,493. Pop., 366. Houses, 88. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to J. B. Weld, Esq. A fine bridge over the Wyre here was erected in 1864. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £102. Patron, the Vicar of Kirkham. The church was rebuilt in 1709. There is a national school, with £8 from endowment.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)