Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
Harpurhey, township, Manchester par., SE. Lancashire, on river Irk, within parl. bor. of Manchester, 193 ac., pop. 4810; here is the Queen's Park (30 ac.), a public recreation ground of Manchester.
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
Local studies information is held at Manchester
- Queens Park, Rochdale Road, Union Baptist
- Queens Park,Rochdale Road, Congregational
- Christ Church, Rochdale Road, Church of England
- St Stephen, Carisbrook Street, Church of England
- St Stephen, Conran Street, Church of England
- Barnes Green Chapel, Rochdale Road, Primitive Methodist
- Church Lane, Welsh Wesleyan Methodist
- Rochdale Road, Wesleyan Methodist
- Sharston St, Wesleyan Methodist
- Deeper Life, Church Lane, Bible Church
- Park View, Christ the Vine
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Harpurhey area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
The Register Office covering the Harpurhey area is Manchester
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Harpurhey which are provided by:
You can see the administrative areas
in which Harpurhey has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD859015 (Lat/Lon: 53.509985, -2.214089), Harpurhey which are provided by: