Harpurhey, township, Manchester par., SE. Lancashire, on river Irk, within parl. bor. of Manchester, 193 ac., pop. 4810; here is the Queen's Park (30 ac.), a public recreation ground of Manchester.
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
- Deeper Life, Church Lane, Bible Church
- Park View, Christ the Vine
- Christ Church, Rochdale Road, Church of England
- St Stephen, Carisbrook Street, Church of England
- St Stephen, Conran Street, Church of England
- Queens Park,Rochdale Road, Congregational
- Barnes Green Chapel, Rochdale Road, Primitive Methodist
- Queens Park, Rochdale Road, Union Baptist
- Church Lane, Welsh Wesleyan Methodist
- Rochdale Road, Wesleyan Methodist
- Sharston St, Wesleyan Methodist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Harpurhey area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Manchester. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Harpurhey to another place. Manchester. Harpurhey in the 19th century. maps of Harpurhey and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD859015 (Lat/Lon: 53.509985, -2.214089), Harpurhey which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Magic (Click + on map to view it)
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview