Harpurhey, township, Manchester par., SE. Lancashire, on river Irk, within parl. bor. of Manchester, 193 ac., pop. 4810; here is the Queen's Park (30 ac.), a public recreation ground of Manchester.
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
- Queens Park, Rochdale Road, Union Baptist
- Queens Park,Rochdale Road, Congregational
- Christ Church, Rochdale Road, Church of England
- St Stephen, Carisbrook Street, Church of England
- St Stephen, Conran Street, Church of England
- Barnes Green Chapel, Rochdale Road, Primitive Methodist
- Church Lane, Welsh Wesleyan Methodist
- Rochdale Road, Wesleyan Methodist
- Sharston St, Wesleyan Methodist
- Deeper Life, Church Lane, Bible Church
- Park View, Christ the Vine
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Harpurhey area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Manchester. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Harpurhey to another place. Manchester. Harpurhey in the 19th century. maps of Harpurhey and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD859015 (Lat/Lon: 53.509985, -2.214089), Harpurhey which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.