HEAPEY, a township-chapelry in Leyland parish, Lancashire; adjacent to the Leeds and Liverpool canal, 2 miles NE of Chorley r. station. Post town, Chorley. Acres, 1,456. Real property, £2,267. Pop. in 1851, 495; in 1861, 396. Houses, 81. The decrease of pop. was caused by want of employment. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to W. S. Cari., Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £150. * Patron, the Vicar of Leyland. The church was built in 1750, and improved in 1829; and was intended in 1865 to be enlarged. There is a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)