HEATON, a township in Deane parish, Lancashire; on the Lancashire and Yorkshire railway, 2 miles WNW of Bolton. Acres, 1,630. Real property, £4,542; of which £109 are in mines and £250 in quarries. Pop. in 1851, 826; in 1861, 955. Houses, 180. The manor belonged to the Heaton family in the time of Edward III. Coal, building stone, and slate flags abound.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Christ Church, Chorley New Road, Church of England
- Overdale Crematorium, Overdale Drive, Crematorium
- St Thomas of Canterbury, Lonsdale Road, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Heaton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Bolton. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Heaton to another place. Deane. Heaton in the 19th century. maps of Heaton and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD697097 (Lat/Lon: 53.583001, -2.459159), Heaton which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview