HEATON, a township in Deane parish, Lancashire; on the Lancashire and Yorkshire railway, 2 miles WNW of Bolton. Acres, 1,630. Real property, £4,542; of which £109 are in mines and £250 in quarries. Pop. in 1851, 826; in 1861, 955. Houses, 180. The manor belonged to the Heaton family in the time of Edward III. Coal, building stone, and slate flags abound.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Christ Church, Chorley New Road, Church of England
- St Thomas of Canterbury, Lonsdale Road, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Heaton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Bolton. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Heaton to another place. Deane. Heaton in the 19th century. maps of Heaton and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD697097 (Lat/Lon: 53.583001, -2.459159), Heaton which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.