Lancashire help requiredLancashire was a large county but as a county maintainer I don't have local knowledge about everywhere in Lancashire. There are large parts of the county where I have no personal genealogical interest as I haven't found any ancestors there in the brief moment when I can do some research.
But there is a lot of basic simple knowledge that many researchers know, and which could be easily added to the pages if you tell me. When this information is provided in the GENUKI Lancs pages then we can refer newcomers to them without having to tell them these basic facts individually.
If you would like to help add information to the Lancashire GENUKI pages then there are a number of areas where specific help is required. Please take a look at these links and see if you could help.
Specific helpI am concentrating on adding specific information topics to the pages, and the list below will develop as I work on each topic. So please look at each one and if you have that piece of information, then please tell me.
- Archives and libraries - I want to include the location of the library which holds Local Studies information for each town and parish. There is normally just one library in an area which specialises in local studies information, and it is this one that I need, rather than the address of the nearest lending library. Please look at the places for which we need the Local Studies library.
- Have these churches ever had a graveyard?.
- Have these churches got a web page?.
- Do you know the exact location of these churches?.
- Have you got a picture of these churches?.
- Churches - I am building a database of all churches that have been in Lancashire
over the years
as part of the GENUKI church database
and for many of these more information is required.
Enter the name of the place in which the church is located and the list displayed will shows
icons identifying which items of information are currently required for each church:
- Societies - Family History Societies are year by year seeing a fall in membership as researchers use just the web for information to help them with their research. But Family History Societies continue to be one of the best sources for local information and in providing help with difficult research problems. Advertising is important in making the FHSs more visible and so I am working to associate them with individual places in Lancashire with links the the FHS websites. There is a detailed description of how this is being done with information for the FHSs on how they can provide the required information.
Maintenance informationThe following links provide information to assist in Lancs page development, but nothing useful to ordinary users.
- Lancs web page stats.
- Township link image.
- Lancsmm link image.
- Parish map.
- Add sections with mud4.
- Church pages ready to generate.
- Church pages ready to add records location.
- Old church pages ready to add records location.
- 19thC church pages ready to add records location.
- Picture, but needs basic details.
- Spider report.