HESKIN, a township in Eccleston parish, Lancashire; 4½ miles SW of Chorley. Acres, 1,235. Real property, £2,753; of which £830 are in mines, and £10 in quarries. Pop. in 1851, 358; in 1861, 439. Houses, 74. The increase of pop. arose from the extension of coal mining.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Withington Lane, Heskin, Methodist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Heskin Green area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Chorley. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Heskin to another place. Eccleston. maps of Heskin Green and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD532153 (Lat/Lon: 53.632117, -2.709217), Heskin Green which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.