Higham with West Close Booth
HIGHAM-BOOTH-WITH-WEST-CLOSE-BOOTH, a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; 3½ miles NW of Burnley. Acres, 1,400. Real property, £2,604. Pop., 759. Houses, 162. The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. There are two cotton mills, a Wesleyan chapel, and a national school; and the school house is used as a chapel of ease.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Higham area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Burnley and Pendle. Local information provided by Pendle.Net.
You can see pictures of Higham which are provided by:gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Higham with West Close Booth to another place. Whalley. maps of Higham and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD808365 (Lat/Lon: 53.824410, -2.293166), Higham which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.