HIGHAM-BOOTH-WITH-WEST-CLOSE-BOOTH, a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; 3½ miles NW of Burnley. Acres, 1,400. Real property, £2,604. Pop., 759. Houses, 162. The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. There are two cotton mills, a Wesleyan chapel, and a national school; and the school house is used as a chapel of ease.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)