We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
BOOTHS (Higher), a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; on the Manchester and Accrington railway, near the Baxenden station, 5 miles SSW of Burnley. Acres, 2,000. Real property, £21,097; of which £6,189 are in mines. Pop., 5,131. Houses, 968. The inhabitants are chiefly employed in cotton factories and in collieries.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Rawtenstall
- Burnley Road, Crawshawbooth, Baptist
- St John the Evangelist, Burnley Road, Crawshawbooth, Church of England
- Sunnyside, Lord St, Crawshawbooth, Primitive Methodist
- Providence, Burnley Road, Love Clough, United Methodist Free Church
- Rakefoot, Crawshawbooth, Wesleyan Methodist
- Co-operation St, Crawshawbooth, Society of Friends
- St Thomas More, Adelaide St, Crawshawbooth, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Higher Booths area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Higher Booths which are provided by:
You can see the administrative areas
in which Higher Booths has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD818247 (Lat/Lon: 53.718387, -2.277275), Higher Booths which are provided by: