HOLLINFARE, a chapelry in Warrington parish, Lancashire; on the river Mersey, 2 miles N of Heatley and Warburton r. station, and 6 ENE of Warrington. Post town, Warburton, under Warrington. Pop., 752. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £136. Patron, the Rector of Warrington.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)