HOLLINWOOD, a village and a chapelry in Prestwich parish, Lancashire. The village stands near the Rochdale canal and the Lancashire and Yorkshire railway, 1½ mile SSW of Oldham; is modern and large; has a post office under Manchester, and several factories; and is a seat of petty sessions. The chapelry was constituted in 1835. Pop. in 1861, 6,298. Houses, 1,289. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £300.* Patron, the Rector of Prestwich. The church is plain. There are an Independent chapel of 1866, Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, and national-schools.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Hollins Rd, Baptist
- Bethesda, Milton St, Baptist
- Beulah, Withins Rd, Baptist
- Old Lane, Bible Mission
- St Chad, Limeside Rd, Church of England
- St Margaret of Antioch, Chapel Rd, Church of England
- The Memorial Church, Manchester Rd, Congregational
- St James, Byron St, Free Church of England
- St James, Manchester Rd, Free Church of England
- Limeside Rd, Methodist
- Hudson St, Methodist New Connexion
- Bourne St, Primitive Methodist
- Hollins Rd, Primitive Methodist
- Corpus Christi, Derby Street, Roman Catholic
- Holy Family, Roman Road, Roman Catholic
- Manchester Rd, Salvation Army
- Byron St/Hive St, Spiritualist
- St John, Manchester Rd, United Methodist Free Church
- Alford St, Welsh Congregational
- Hollins, Millgate, Wesleyan Methodist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Hollinwood area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Oldham. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Hollinwood to another place. Oldham. maps of Hollinwood and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD904022 (Lat/Lon: 53.516379, -2.146255), Hollinwood which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview